18. Got some updated headshots!
Always thankful for my girl Sierra McCray and her photographic talents. I can’t wait to get some more done by her!
17. Purchased a 5D Mark III + upgraded my equipment
16. Visited Aspen, Colorado + shot my FIRST destination wedding!!
15. Got featured on Captured Elegance Design!
14. Got my FIRST elopement published online!
Yay for Hanser and David! You can check out their elopement here.
13. Purchased the A&J Shooting and Editing Course
It was a game changer, ya’ll. Here’s a link to their courses in case you’re interested!
12. Signed a lease and moved into my first ADULT apartment!
And apart from a few safety issues, living with my 3 best friends is always a fun time. I’m trying to soak up these last few months we’re all in school together before we head out into the adult world!
11. Won Insureon’s “Small Business, Big Impact” Scholarship
I was extremely fortunate to receive this scholarship from Insureon. You can view the article and read my essay here!
10. Traveled to Greece & Bulgaria for 6 weeks!
Ah, it was such a memorable trip!! You can view my Greece + Bulgaria recap blog post here.
9. And within those 6 weeks, I did the following iconic things:
8. Took a boat ride around the island of Santorini
7. Visited Aristotle’s School, Hadgeon’s Library, the Parthenon, and the Acropolis
6. Visited the city of Philippi and saw where Paul was supposedly in jail and where Lydia was baptized as the first European Christian.
5. Visited Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
I was so busy spending time with my family that I didn’t take ANY photos (blessing in disguise, possibly?) 😉
4. Exceeded my goal of 8 weddings this year — with 15 weddings!
Here are some of my favorites so far!
3. Learned the importance of independence
Life circumstances changed and I no longer relied on any one else for my happiness. Independence is true freedom.
2. Cultivated a community with other creative business owners!
This was by far the best step for me and my business. Within the Honeybook community and the local Tuesday’s Together group, I’ve gotten the chance to form some amazing relationships with some awesome folks!
1. Strengthened my relationship with Jesus
It’s a day-by-day thing, ya’ll. But what I can tell you is that even in dry seasons where I can’t hear His voice loud and clear, I know that I am loved, cared for, and constantly looked out for.